I got out my sewing machine for the first time ever this weekend, inspired by the Scrappy iPad cover over on My Poppet, my pile of woolly scraps and my new mini iPad.
My mum gave me the sewing machine as a house warming present and it's sad to say that this was the first time it has seen use.
Here's the pile of squares before I started - some upcycled jumpers, some knit to felt lopi squares and some handmade felt. Next time I will not use the lopi or the handmade felt, they don't hold together so well.
The pieces laid out ready to be stitched together, using the zig-zag stitch. With the edges straightened the rows of squares were stitched together to create one piece which was folded in half and stitched together.
The finished cover with the button and closing flap attached.
The finished cover and lining. It did take me a while to work out how to insert the lining so I read a few tutorials online and finally worked out how to turn it all inside out and the right way round.