18 March 2012

Pittenweem Weekend

Wonderful spring weather - blue skies and mild, apart from the wind.....can't be completely perfect - this is Scotland of course...for a lovely weekend in Pittenweem with my parents and brother.


The tides were high (and of course they were low) and kids were being kids.....




We walked along the front, we had crepes at The Cocoa Tree, we went to the Botanic Gardens in St Andrews, walked on the West Sands in St Andrews and ate at the Westport. We knitted (well my mum and I), we did jigsaws and ate lots! 


We visited the lovely Ardross Farm Shop between St Monans and Elie on the coast road which is definitely worth a visit. They sell their own meat, stocks and gravies, desserts and vegetables alongside products from other local/British farms or small artisan producers. This includes an array of jams, cheeses, juices, cake decorating supplies, beer from the St Andrews Brewery..... we had their steak pie which was amazing, a lamb stew and sticky toffee pudding. It's just as well it's not closer to home or I might be a lot poorer!




3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ahhh, yes...DIL and I were looking at Pittenweem pictures over the weekend and this is the little town where hubby and I stopped on our last visit (I couldn't remember if it was Pittenweem or one of the other villages.) It looks like you had a lovely day out!

Bethany said...

I think you need to post a warning on your blog: This blog may make you extremely hungry! It sounds like a wonderful weekend and the sky is so blue! I am seriously hungry now after reading about what you ate and saw!

Unknown said...

What a perfect weekend! Love the windy days with high waves...and of course it is Scotland, and so, so green...