17 June 2007

WOOLLIE - WORK IN PROGRESS

I had a nice weekend - knitting group on Saturday morning where much of the chat was an upcoming visit to Woolfest in the Lake District on the 30th of June!! We are all getting excited.

After knitting I took a train to Edinburgh where I went to a mexican restaurant with some friends for dinner and today met some other friends for lunch.

In knitting terms I started a lace scarf (a very simple pattern for a first attempt) with the beautiful Malabrigo yarn that I bought in Stockholm. It is made of baby merino and my 50gm ball has almost 450m of fingering weight hand-dyed yarn and is the softest wool I have ever felt. I think it will make a great scarf - luscious and warm round anyone's neck!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a gorgeous colour!!! beautiful, such depth to it like an ocean's wave from Greenland. Gorgeous!!!
All i can knit is just simple and straight but I love it, it's so relaxing! Can't wait to see what it will look like when it's done.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I just looked at the website, such glorious hues and textures!!!! it would be very hard to pick...how i wished I had a great yarn store here but I don't unfortunately, not a single one apart from the mass art chain that carries a bit of wool. Sigh...

Jade said...

Great intense colour on your yarn, Di. Looking forward to the finished product.

Anonymous said...

It really is a gorgeous colour and the yarn looks amazingly soft and light. It will be a beautiful scarf!

Flibbertygibbet said...

Ooh, Woolfest! We're off on a knitting road trip that day, but not to Woolfest unfortunately.

Congrats on your 50th (post!) btw.