23 April 2012

Another Farm Shop

After visiting Ardross Farm Shop near Pittenweem I was quite smitten with the whole farm shop idea. Ardross is not just a farm shop, it's a true diversification for a farmer keen to ensure 21st century success. It sells local produce and artisan products from small scale producers all over the UK.  It has beer, wine, the best steak pie and sticky toffee pudding and beautiful veg.

So after the success of shopping at Ardross, it was time to try out another "farm" shop. This one is called Balgove Larder and is on the road to St Andrews from Dundee. This one also has a cafe/restaurant alongside lots of great produce - veg, meat, deli, beer. I can't give you a review of the cafe as the queue was long and I was too impatient to wait - but if the queue was anything to go by.......

I bought fresh soda bread, a lovely bread roll made with rocket and stilton in the dough which was beautiful warmed and spread with butter and some gourmet popcorn.

I don't know why I didn't think of there being different varieties of popcorn before.....but now I know better. ZaraMama Gourmet popcorn comes in 11 varieties with fancy names such as Midnight Blue, Ruby Red, Blue Seas and Creamy Crunch, each with their own flavour. Can't wait to try this healthy little snack!


5 comments:

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

I love farm shops as well. There is always something good to buy ;)
The popcorns look good.

Thimbleanna said...

I can't wait to see one of those farm shops in person! That colored popcorn looks really fun!

Christine Laennec said...

I will write down the name of that place - that popcorn looks amazing!

sewa mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Farm shops are not common here. There are markets and farmers go to them every week and so.
About those blue corns...I am still looking at...