06 May 2011

Last Week in Woollie

Posts about Lille seem to have been taking up my blog space of late......now it's time to rectify the balance a post a little about normal life, so that you don't think I spend all my time travelling the world!


Cherry blossom season is ending.....


Apple blossom season is beginning.....

Went to Kellie Castle in Fife on Saturday with the National Trust - we were removing Japanese knotweed and snowberry - non-native, highly invasive species but we got to eat lunch in the beautiful walled garden, famous for it's collection of old-fashioned vegetable species such as the 21 varieties of rhubarb to the blue potatoes.


Wall based bee-hive (not really got bees in it any more)


Fresh honey, straight from the comb/hive....yum......




After my Sunday morning run....with the sky still blue and the sun still shining....some of us headed off to Broughty Ferry beach for our first paddle of the season......brrrr....... before heading to a friend's garden (much more sheltered) for a BBQ and some weeding....I am a weeding addict.....I admit it!



Here's the latest knitted creation.....the recipient arrived a healthy 7lb 14oz yesterday morning!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

What an adorable hat! Congratulations to the new parents! I am thinking that you should come here to my yard if you like to weed! We could make it a party. I just love cherry blossoms... it's such a short time but isn't it gorgeous?!

Arctic Mum said...

You are so effective, and gets so much done! I'm off knitting and crocheting and all these days, can't seen to get my head around it. I think it's the midnight sun coming up, makes me more restless.

Fei An said...

That hat is completely sweet! Congratulations to the new parents!
Your pictures are so pleasant to see, and make me feel happy. Thank you for this, dear Di. ..The apple tree is not yet blooming yet, but soon:) Have a very nice weekend!