06 February 2011

Woollie Hats - Chinese Year of the Rabbit

I made a couple of hats for friend's kids this week using a pattern I found on Ravelry - I adapted it somewhat but the motif remains the same....rabbits....it's spring....it'll be Easter soon.....rabbits.....it's the Year of the Rabbit.....rabbits.....


I'm still not sure I've quite mastered stranded knitting - it's still tighter than the plain garter stitch, but at least they are a little stretchier than the first one I made.

And since I haven't been up to much else of late here's a few shots that I took over the past few months....

Sunrise from home, February 2011

Amazing snowmen - December 2010


8 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Those little hats are SOOOO cute Di -- someone is really going to love them.

What are those really tall grid like things in the backgrouns of your picture from home?

And those snowmen are cute as can be!

Anonymous said...

Utterly cool hats!

I'll second the question about those grid structures... thought they might be building cranes/hoists, but am uncertain. In any case, it's a beautiful picture!

Di said...

They're oil rigs/platforms. There's an oil rig repair place in the harbour so we frequently have them in port - lit up at night they are even more impressive!

Manoute said...

Cute hats and fab snowmen :o)

Bethany said...

Those snowmen make me smile! You also have the most fantastic light where you are... that photo is gorgeous...love the delicate lines on the left in contrast with the solid shapes on the right. And those hats... love them!!! So will the lucky wearers!!

taisa said...

Those bunnies are so adorable- lovely work! And I love the snowmen- I'll show them to Ari- maybe we'll have some similar ones to share from your inspiration!

Anne Marie said...

Super cute hats!!!
And I am longing to see more photos from your renovated flat. How the progress?

la ninja said...

oi, I love those hats. why did I miss this? I reckon you've fallen off my r(e)adar (changed to another one and funny stuff is going on.)

that view....