26 December 2009

Snow

It was a very white this Christmas - more snow than we are used to.....I drove home on the 23rd, struggled out of my street (eventually had to drive the car the wrong way down the one-way street/hill to get onto the main road) but made it the 75 miles home to my parents without further difficulty. I took a walk after I arrived, up to the canal, climbing my childhood sledging hill in the process, watching the next generation take to the slopes and then through the serene, pristine woods that line the frozen canal.....beautiful....and it is snowing again as I sit here typing, I am watching it drift down in the night sky, huge white flakes twisting and tumbling, everyone different....how white will it be when I wake tomorrow!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas too!






Excuse the low resolution photos! White is never the best in low resolution.

13 comments:

Ally Jay said...

wow that is a lot of snow. Hope you had lots of fun and games in it. Enjoy the rest of the festive season and may 2010 be brilliant for you ad your family.

Maia said...

Gorgeous photos! I love how they are almost greyscale. No excuses necessary!

Thimbleanna said...

Sooo pretty Di! I'm glad you made it home safely and I hope you had a wonderful, happy Christmas!

jane said...

so so pretty! warm wishes!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

What beautiful scenery for Christmas!

Heidi said...

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful visit with your family. Are you going to dare go down that hill????

kiko said...

Very beautiful! I also love your "title" photo. Merry Christmas. Hope it was filled with peace and love.

Unknown said...

So pretty and white photos. I also want some more snow here...i need to go downhill and them up again...and feel like a child, tired of laughing.
Have a great New year.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful photos! I love the snow contrasted with the red accents!

montague said...

look at all that glorious white goodness! i wish snow in NYC looked that lovely. sadly it's always smooshy and brown by the following morning!

Anonymous said...

It's just Beautiful ! I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas !

Arctic Mum said...

Hi, glad you had some snow, but could I swap some sunshine with you? Start to seriously miss it, even though we keep a high moral about it.

amisha said...

happy new year di! what a gorgeous set of photos... a beautiful way to start the year!
xo