06 July 2009

Woollie Weekend!

Had we listened to the weather forecast during the week, we would have spent the weekend indoors, that hatches battened down....luckily by Friday evening the forecast had lightened and I managed to spend a lot of the weekend outside. Where did I go? On both Saturday and Sunday afternoon I ended up at the fabulous Cairnie Farm....home of strawberries and raspberries, a great cafe with homemade strawberry cakes and ice cream and the best kids play area ever......it was quite amusing that we adults had to pay to get into the playpark but the kid (being under 3) got in for free. But hey, I enjoyed the trampolines and the giant pedal go-karts and trikes just as much as the kids! 

Long live the big kid!



I also managed to pick strawberries on Saturday which I took as dessert to a friend's house that night, have been eating for breakfast and lunch and will turn into puree. On Sunday after lunch with friends visiting from Edinburgh we headed back to Cairnie and luckily for me the raspberry canes were open for picking!  A berry tastic weekend!



If you are in NE Fife, it's definitely worth a visit - pick your own strawberries, raspberries, gooseberries, tay berries, redcurrants, blackcurrants and soon cherries and blackberries! Let your kids play to their hearts content on the giant stack of haybales, the trampolines, the electric tractors, the go-kart track, the crazy swings and the flying fox......eat great food in the cafe or take a picnic.....and it's open all summer. More excitement when the giant maze opens - this year shaped like a polar bear!

Talk about farm diversification! Cairnie Farm have found their niche!



5 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks like fun AND delicious!!! I love the photo of you on the bike!!! ;)

Thimbleanna said...

Look at that cute big kid on the trike! Yay for berry farms -- YumYum!!!

Heidi said...

Great minds think alike. Enjoy your berries. Mine are all jam now. Yummy on breakfast toast.

Anna said...

I'd like a ride on that giant peddle go cart. It looks like you had a blast! My best, Anna

Manoute said...

:oD
I agree, Cairnie farm is fantastic!
I am sure you enjoy yourself even more than the kids ;o)