02 July 2009

Pay it Forward and My Butt on TV


A little sneak of my latest blankie.......

Well, it would appear that the Pay it Forward idea is circulating in blogland again. I enjoyed taking part the last time so was excited when I managed to get signed up on Bricolagelife's Pay it Forward....now it's my turn to pay it forward. 

Here's how it works.....

I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment here requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

Now for my butt on TV........I was playing badminton tonight when my phone beeps and a text message arrives. When I was leaving to head home I checked my phone......the message (probably one of the strangest I have ever received) said...."I have just seen your bum on national TV!"

Now that was quite a shock, but before you all leave this blog for safer places, let me tell you it was fully clothed!

A few years back I went on a National Trust working holiday to the Lizard Peninsula in Cornwall and they had their photographer on hand to take some photos for their future publicity. Little did I know that one of the photos would turn up on an advert for the Sunday Times newspaper which is providing free entry vouchers to National Trust properties this weekend!

8 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- that's pretty funny! Even funnier that someone would recognize your butt! Good Luck with your PIF -- I had fun doing one, but must get caught up on some projects before I can play again!

dutchcomfort said...

Such a funny story!! Being recognized by your butt!

I still have too many gifts to make to join another PIF... too bad!!!

Carol said...

Love your creations, and I like the idea of a PIF - it'll give me a much needed nudge to get creative, so count me in!

urban craft said...

I am currently in the middle of completing the PIF i've got going on my blog but wanted to thank you for doing one. People are just so incredibly generous and this has been such a wonderful way to spread cheer and craft. Thanks again!

Unknown said...

You have me rolling on the floor laughing! Great story of how your bum got on tv! :)

I adore your latest blankie. You have such creatitivy and I so enjoy seeing the newest scenes you adorn your blankets with!
~Emily xx

Mette said...

Love your butt story! I love your latest blankie too. PIF is such a great idea. I still have a handmade gift left to make and send... Ooops. Happy Summer.

Anne Marie said...

Oh my... my belly hurts from laughing. Love your new blankie!!! And unfortunately I still havent made it to the movies but I plan on making an all girls night after the holidays and see it. Hope you are doing fine and wish you a wonderful holiday!

Bethany said...

:) Hopefully that's not your "fifteen minutes of fame"!!!