22 March 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Here in the UK it is mother's day today.....it has always been the 4th Sunday in Lent so can move around the calendar! So I called my mum to wish her a happy mother's day and I will take her gift when I go to visit later this week! I know she will like it, because she has already seen them in progress!

I mean, who wouldn't love knitted daffodils!




The pattern is my friend Louise's first and is available for free over on her blog - I think it's pretty impressive. Knitted using Lopi roving, sewn together and then felted in the washing machine, before threading wire through the stems to make them stand upright, find a nice vase and voila!

7 comments:

Jade said...

They're so pretty, Di! Just starting to catch up on the blogs now.

lisa solomon said...

happy mothers day!

those are the best kind of flowers. the ones that won't die :)

Bethany said...

That's a first! They are pretty neat!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh how cute! I don't think I've seen felted daffodils before -- I hope your mum loves them!

Louise said...

Nice one, glad they turned out ok and the pattern makes sense!!

nmj said...

Fabulous, just fabulous!

Kellie H said...

I didn't know that!
very unique!