11 May 2008

Where the Horse became a Unicorn....
You may remember my little knitted horse. I loved knitting that horse, seeing how clever the pattern was as the horse came together before my eyes. I hadn't really an idea who I was knitting the horse for, I just had fun doing it. So when it was finished it was not clear what to do....


Then, when chatting to friends one day they told me the story of a friend's little girl and her Christmas wish. 

On Christmas day when E went to lunch with my friends, Isa asked her what she got from Santa Claus. E replied shoes and trousers and books, but what I asked Santa for in my letter was a unicorn. Santa didn't manage to get a unicorn for Christmas because a) they are very hard to find and b) E hadn't specified that she would be happy with a toy unicorn as opposed to a real one, as there isn't really room for a real one in their garden....

Well this story made me smile and I decided that the horse must become a unicorn and a little blue and white horn was knitted (but no picture taken oops!) I delivered the unicorn on behalf of Santa a couple of weeks ago, with a note round his neck (a little like Paddington Bear) which said "Dear E, I am sorry that this unicorn is so late, but it is difficult to find a unicorn you know, love Santa"!

So Amy (yes the unicorn has been named Amy) has become part of E's family!

9 comments:

claudia said...

That is such a NICE story! You are the best :) I really love the little note that you wrote with the unicorn. Have a good week xox

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet story!

Manoute said...

You are such a good story teller.

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

That is just one very sweet story! No wonder you couldn't resist making it a unicorn ;)
Hope that E is happy (and with a firm belief in Santa)

syko kajsa said...

What a beautiful story! I love your shot of the unicorn to be! Little E is a happy girl :)

Jade said...

You're such a sweetie! Little E must've had the biggest smile when she got her unicorn at last.

Charlie P said...

Awwww, I bet Amy is a well-loved unicorn :)

Ursula Achten said...

Such a nice story and such a beautiful unicorn!

paula lindblom said...

-what a beautiful unicorn!//Paula.