02 December 2007

WOOLLIE - CHRISTMAS CREATIONS

I am trying to get on track for Christmas! Yesterday I was with friends, , Louise, Jane and Laurence doing a joint felting project. We had been busy knitting pieces of poinsettia (along with Ally and Andrea) to make a felted poinsettia Christmas wreath to give to the people who run our knitting group over at Twist Fibre Craft to thank them for another great year of company, inspiration and yarn!



Today, I've had a day at home making lists, writing cards, getting some knitting done etc. I have also been finishing decorations for the 2007 Holiday Swap organised by Freshly Blended and Cake and Pie - check out some of the great decorations created by the more than 600 people involved in this swap!! I can't show you my decorations yet as I'd like to at least get them in the post before I do but I have them wrapped and ready to go!!



I have also made some of my favourite decorations - a needle felted ball as the core, hundreds of small squares of felt stitched in place.....

14 comments:

Bethany said...

Di, I love the wreath and the needle felted ball! You do such great things with felting! I realized I had such a busy week that I hadn't checked in with you for a few days!

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

I really love your felted decorations. They are soo cute!
Happy December to you!

Karen

Ali said...

Those felty balls are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for coming. god! my english is so bad, i hope you understand me! i really like your "ball", it's soft and original.

Sarah and Jack said...

The felted poinsettia wreath is gorgeous. What a lovely idea. Reminds me of those old chenille poinsettias. Do you know those?

Anonymous said...

ooooh, those felted flowers are beautiful. felting is on my (long!) list of things i want to learn to do!

nice work!

meredith @
BittyCakes

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love all the felting.

Jade said...

Ooh, I love your felt projects! I really need to try felting. Soon, when there's more time in the new year.

Anonymous said...

Lovely Christmas felty balls! Looking forward to seeing them for real, are you going to hang them on a tree?

Anonymous said...

OMG. I love it. you have to stop by my blog and see the felted project I just did. It makes your look REALLY GOOD>. PLus, it will give you something to laugh about if you happen to need a chuckle!
Your stuff is amazing!
Jen R

Felicia said...

Oh! I'm loving your wreath and felt balls!

Beertje Zonn said...

Your decorations is beautiful!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands
BEERTJE ZONN

Kate said...

Love those felted balls!

mormar said...

I love those felted balls they are so pretty.
And that Father Christmas is amazing.