10 October 2007

IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD - DAY 3 - WEIRD

It's day 3 in "In my neighbourhood week" was a challenge. What is weird in my neighbourhood - me? everybody?

First thing that struck me as weird when I got up this morning was that half my neighbourhood seemed to disappear only to reappear an hour later - where had it been, was it like the mysterious "Brigadoon" that enigmatic Scottish town that only appears for 1 day every 100 years....



Also weird that I didn't think about the fact that you would be able to a ghostie reflected in my window....



Also weird in my neighbourhood - we have statues to famous cartoon characters as opposed to famous real people!!



Desperate Dan is the largest, cow pie eating cowboy ever, towering at almost 7ft whilst Minnie the Minx and her catapault is mischevious, impudent and somewhat flirtatious (i.e. the Minx)...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cartoon character statues are weird. I have not heard of Desperate Dan or Minnie the Minx.

Grace and Aria said...

I love the cartoon statues!

Anonymous said...

Love the ghostie reflection and I think the statues are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Dear Di,

I´ve enjoyed looking out your window! I think I am a qurious (excuse spelling!)person, and looking out through a window of a blogger that lives far, far, far from me in "a nother world" I find thrilling! What an amazing blue roof! I think here in Sweden we never see blue roofs. Cool!

Anonymous said...

the statues are weird! but cute!

Bethany said...

Now I think I understand where Lesley at Moogsmum gets her knickname for her daughter!! (the Minx)

Molly said...

What a view!

Raine K said...

I love those statues! The ones that actually look like people freak me out - but these are TOO cool! Thanks for sharing!

Heidijayhawk said...

those statues are awesome!

Ursula Achten said...

yes, it is weird to have a neighbourhood, that appears and disappeares like it wants...and now I understand the sense of the story of Brigadoon :). In my childhood we had a church-tower doing the same thing ( running to and off the town) and in reverse, sometimes you could see the Alps ( which were in a distance of about 300kms).

Anonymous said...

Your neighborhood is lovely :)