25 March 2007

Woollie

I have been busy knitting sheep this week! It's the in thing at our knitting group - the cutest patterns ever from Simply Knitting for making a whole range of farm animals - but everyone's favourites seem to be the sheep! I have knit 3 so far and they seem so much smaller than everyone elses..... here's how my little flock looks so far!



I've also been busy working on the Last Minute Knitted Gift trousers for Baby FO - both legs done and half the "diaper" area.



A longer term project - or perhaps I shouldn't lie and should just say - a longer unfinished object - I have got back to my gingerbread men - they are made from Lopi roving knitted into a big rectangle and then felted in the washing machine and cut out like cookies and sewn together. It works well for unusual shapes. The big gingerbread man was made by my very talented friend Andrea using the same technique but with better finishing i.e. hers is actually finished, mine are not. Using the little "gingerbread crumbs" as stuffing!



Andrea also made this fabulous little sheep using the same technique. She has also made a larger on that is used as a hot water bottle cover - wish I was as a talented.

5 comments:

Potato said...

oooh, I can't wait to see those sheep done, they look so cute! I was just looking at that pattern for pants, yours are looking great-I have a ways to go before I take on such a project!

Kate said...

Cute, cute little sheep!

Ali said...

Love, love, love those gingerbread men!

syko kajsa said...

That sheep is going to be so great! Thank you for your nice comment on my blog!

Jade said...

Hi Di! Your gingerbread men are so cute! And your sheep...are you going for a flock?

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog! The bub appreciates heaps :-)