17 July 2013

Cannes - The Food

It never fails to amaze me when on the continent, the sheer variety of produce available in local markets and shops. Cannes didn't let me down.

Marche Forville was only a 5 minute walk from our apartment and it was a real treat to head out each morning in search of croissant, pain au chocolat and baguettes and walk through the fresh produce, the flowers and the bustle on the market on the way. I love to take pictures of food.......it's just so colourful.





I love the flat peaches - always makes me smile thinking that someone has sat on them....

Tomatoes the way they should be (take note Tesco!) 



One day we bought supplies from the market to make or lunch....lovely tomato salad, feta and watermelon salad, fresh baguette, broad beans, rocket, olives and harissa....truly the way to eat 


And then of course there is the patisserie.....a French treat....




If I were to live in France, I think I would be enormous!






7 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- I would be enormous too -- I'd skip right past the veggies and go for the patisserie!!! Yummy pictures!

Unknown said...

Hahaha...fortunately i have just eaten...hahaha...lovely moments in France. Envy. This year no holidays...just a bit of round moving...

Bethany said...

You would probably be part of the French paradox and not gain weight at all! This all looks so yummy!

Bethany said...

You are a great food photographer Di!

likeschocolate said...

Amazing! Now I am hungry!

jane said...

it´s art! :)
hope you are having a great summer!
xoxo

sonoko said...

How joyful your photos are!
I enojoyed the magic of colors!