24 December 2012

Decorate

I decorated the house a couple of weeks ago. This year I went to a local Christmas tree farm to chose my tree....so much better than going to the DIY store. The tree was chosen from a forest full of trees at Tayside Forestry. 

I pulled up into their car park and the very next car to pull up was a friend....and the car that pulled up as I was getting into my car to head for home....another friend. I live in a city of 147,000 but it's still a village.

Two friends came round to help decorate the tree and we had some international help from my friend Mariana in Seville who joined us by Skype. I enjoyed remembering where my decorations came from, many of them having special memories. I shared some of my favourites last year but here are a few more.



This one sits on my mantelpiece every year. It comes from the small town in Eastern Germany called Seiffen which is famous for its Christmas decorations made by a company called Erzgebirge. It was bought for me by my friend Mariana and it is loved.

This cheeky pair were given to me by my mum and come from a Swedish company called Sia.

I made this cross-stitch a number of years ago, it's a miniature copy of the fall that hung from the pulpit in my parent's church.


Every year I try to buy at least one new decoration and this year as I was in Copenhagen in late November I had lots of opportunity. The decorations were amazing and I had a hard time just choosing one....







And here's the cheeky fellow that came home with me.


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Merry Christmas Di!!! I love the German wood figures-- I have a small Seiffen pyramid and I've always loved your little carolers! Your cross-stitch is lovely too. I'm sure it smells good in your home-- fresh evergreen! mmm.

Arctic Mum said...

Wow, love your decorations!!! Happy Christmas:)

Arctic Mum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thimbleanna said...

Oh, isn't your new little friend adorable! Your decorations are wonderful -- I especially love the one from Germany. Happy New Year Di!!!

Unknown said...

Happy new year!
Wish you a year full of travels, friend coffees and handknitted.
ENjoy these days.

Pam said...

Your decorations are lovely. And not age-worn, like some of mine. Though I do have two of those skinny elves. Happy New Year!

likeschocolate said...

He is a cutie! Hope you are having a good start to the year!