I'm not really sure what I have been doing with my spare time (i.e. the at home time) because I sure as heck haven't been doing much crafting, house painting or tidying up. I haven't even been doing much reading.....I have an interesting pile of books beside my bed but just haven't the inclination to read them. Hope that it comes back soon!
1. Whisky Galore by Compton Mackenzie - a Scottish classic, based on the true story of a bunch of islanders during World War 2 who found a ship load of whisky (the water of life) washed up on shore and the hilarious lengths they go to to hide it from the authorities - since the island had run dry of the golden nectar!
2. My Life in France - the autobiography of Julia Child - Paris post war......food and my favourite city - what's not to like.
3. Norwegian Wood - I have had this Japanese contemporary classic by my bed for 2 years now - the film arrives at the DCA in April and I had hoped to read it before I saw the film.
4. The Kings Speech - seen the film, now I want to read the story behind the film.
5. Born to Run - the story of the Tarahumara Indians from Mexico who run ultra-marathons in bare feet and the benefits of the running barefoot- thanks to Beth for the recommendation - I think I am going to enjoy it.
6. The Hare with the Amber Eyes - the silent sleeper on the list....hard to publish, a growing success - the story of one family told through the history of a collection of Japanese netsuke, following it from Paris, France, through World War 2 (as a Jewish family) and back to Japan.