13 December 2010

Chester the Bashful Bunny

Whilst browsing through Ravelry recently I stumbled across Rebecca Danger's ever so cute patterns and just had to follow the link to her Etsy store - Danger Crafts and purchase the pattern for Chester the Bashful Bunny.

Photo courtesy of Danger Crafts.

I was a little concerned at first as many of the patterns use the Magic Loop method of knitting in the round which I have never used before. However, after a quick lesson from Deborah at the monthly knitting group at Twist on Saturday I bought a 100cm long Knit Pro cable and a set of 4mm ends, cast on and off I went. Ok - I've only knitted 2 legs so far but I am looking forward to finishing him - although I am not sure he'll look as cute as the original - and perhaps adding a Hermann Bear to the family too!

7 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Now you got me curious... I have never heard of the magic loop to knit in the round... I need to investigate further.

I am absolutely sure that your bunny will look at LEAST as pretty as these ones if not more :-)

Donyale said...

I only ever use Magic loop - changed years ago....and now I will have to go and investigate these patterns too (So cute).

Bethany said...

I can't wait to see your Chester! You're making me want to knit again!

Theresa said...

Adorable! Please come say hi. I am doing a giveaway of rock music, from my Dec. 9 post. Check it out if you wish. :)

Thimbleanna said...

How fun! I can't wait to see your finished little buddies!

la ninja said...

hey, bunnies with a belly x.

on the ninja biccie cutters, the boy had already pointed those out to me. rather funny, indeed. I may have to ask father xmas for them :)
cheers for thinking of us.

claudia said...

oh man, this is too cute :)