31 July 2009

Week is over- yippee!

Sorry! I disappeared. Life has been hectic both at work and play. I spent last weekend visiting friends in Worcester - it was a lot of fun - eating, singing, drinking, going to an 80s revival concert - what better way to celebrate friend's 40th birthday with a flashback to our youth - we saw Human League, Heaven 17, T'Pau, Bananarama and Belinda Carlisle! 

We could have done without the aborted landing as we approached Birmingham airport, but hey ho - we landed in one piece after a little circling!

Worcester is set on the River Severn and the last time we were there the rain had caused lots of floods....this time we even managed to have a BBQ outside and lunch outside and to climb to the top of the cathedral's tower.....



Lunch included dessert of a deep fried jam sandwich and ice cream - it had to be tried! I mean I come from the land of the deep fried mars bar (and no I have never eaten one) - so the deep fried jam sandwich was a curiosity. You'll be pleased to know it wasn't really a sandwich, but a piece of cake!



This week at work has been extremely busy so I am grateful it is the weekend! I did have some fun at a BBQ mid week with National Trust friends - we played some really silly games - including the After Eight game.  Start with your head tipped back and an After Eight in the middle of your forehead. You then have to try to get the After Eight into your mouth using only your facial muscles.......much hilarity ensued! Apparently it's even more fun when it's hot outside and the chocolate melts as it makes its way down your face - unlikely to happen in Scotland!!



Sorry I missed Corner View this week - just too much going on! But it'll be back in September!


6 comments:

Bethany said...

I am laughing out loud at that silly game!!! I'll have to remember that one! And are you trying to make us hungry?? It worked! I'm jealous of the concert you went to too!! I used to love Humane League (I have some songs downloaded on my ipod!) and Belinda Carlisle!!! I loved the Go-Go's!!!You always find the fun Di!!

montague said...

deep fried cake? that sounds just... yum! welcome back!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great trip and I LOVE your new header :)

Bree said...

well, the after eight game sounds like a secret....

great blogheadphoto!

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- I love fun games like that -- I'll have to remember that one. The deep fried cake/sandwich sounds terribly delicious!

Unknown said...

That after eight game looks really funny.
Although busy week, seems that weekends seems to be great.