02 December 2008

A Little Crafting!

I spent a week away, this time in York and London - pity it wasn't New York because then I could have done London, New York and Paris in a month, but London, York and Paris it is!! I will post of my travels soon...but as this is meant to also be a craft blog I thought I would post a little of my latest endeavours. Having time to craft whilst away was great - I managed to make 2 more baby blankets and have started a third. I have found new ideas whirling in my mind with the purchase of some hand-dyed pre-felt from Twist, which I have begun to incorporate into my designs, a little here and a little there, and indeed the orange giving me vivid ideas for blankets - fish bowls, caravans, fields of carrots....




I love snow but living on the coast means it doesn't happen very often, but this morning I woke to beautiful white flakes falling gently from the sky, like goose down, floating gently towards the ground, twirling as they are caught on the gentle breeze....



10 comments:

montague said...

oh my gosh it looks soooo chilly!

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

Wow it looks divine with all that snow (though maybe also a bit troublesome to move about in).
I loove the blankies, as usual you are a genious when it comes to those!
Have you received the Christmas ornaments? I hope they are not lost in the mail...

Manoute said...

They are beautiful! I can't wait to hear everything about your trip! See you tonight at knitting I hope.

Andy said...

WOW plenty of snow in Dundee... not a spot down south... :(

Anonymous said...

When are you going to start selling these blankets! They are too cute.

Bethany said...

The snow looks so pretty! My heart skipped a beat when I read where you'd been... if you ever come to New York, you better tell me!!! I will either meet you there or talk you into coming to our home!!!! I love your new blankets... the colored yarns look really good! Lucky babies!! ;)

amisha said...

your new blankets are fantastic! that pop of orange is just lovely.
and yes, if you come to new york, we must have a cupcake!! :) xo

Sandra Monat said...

these baby blankets are so wonderful! I love the organic shapes :)

Kate said...

Gorgeous snow picture and love those fish!

claudia said...

They are all so cute but the field of carrots is adorable! I can't wait to have a lot of snow...soon I hope!