11 November 2007

WOOLLIE - BIRTHDAY

It was my birthday on Friday - another year has passed! Having to go to work was a pain (apart from the beautiful bouquet of flowers from my colleagues and the numerous renditions of Happy Birthday!) but after work things picked up - dinner with friends in the pub! I think that my birthday really should have been Saturday as I had a lot of fun! Knitting group in Newburgh complete with birthday cake and then dinner at my friends house - Allyson, always makes me a cake, and this year she outdid herself! Chocolate supreme!!

I got a lot of woollie related gifts - Andrea created a whole host of woollie goodness - black forest gateau, cupcake, felted pear, apple and orange and a little rat a la Ratatouille! I was also lucky enough to get a 2 year subscription to Marie Claire Idees!! Thank you all my kind friends! Your friendship is much appreicated! (PS Eva - the subscription doesn't start till February so the Christmas edition would still be gratefully appreciated!!)



WOOLLIE - CREATIONS

I have finally finished the cloud! I decided that even a Scottish baby could get depressed lying under a cloud every night, even if it has a silver lining. So I knitted some yellow lopi and felted it in the washing machine, I started to make a sun to go with the cloud. I cut some thin strips and sewed them together round a pipe-cleaner to make flexible rays of sunlight (although I have to admit they looked a little more like french fries!!) I finally attached the sun to the cloud and I am finally happy with it!

Oh - and I also added to my yarn stash at Twist Fibre Craft yesterday - 3 balls from the sale bin - loved the autumn colours!

16 comments:

taisa said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to see you were spoiled well!

montague said...

happy happy birthday!

sarah said...

happy birthday! that cloud is so great. i absolutely love the french fry rays.

thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I tagged you for a meme, see my Monday post for details.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I tagged you for a meme, see my Monday post for details.

Ursula Achten said...

Too late, but it sounds like you had a great birthday!
My best wishes for the upcoming year for lots of inspiring wooly-work and exhiting wanderings all around the world!!

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

Happy birthday! I can tell you that the weather in Denmark was all stormy and wild ;-)
I really like the little woollie creatures. They are quite cute!

Jade said...

Happy birthday! What a great present to get an MCI subscription! Your friend knows you really well. And I love the woollie mobile. The sun peeking out is very cute.

Ali said...

Happy Birthday for Friday (and top treats!)

Locket Pocket said...

Happy Birthday! Great pressies - especially the knitted ones! Lucy x

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! It's never too late to wish someone a great year!!! (I tend to celebrate for a week anyways ;)

Your little cloud looks so cute!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like sucha a wonderful day (despite the work part!!) Happy Birthday! And what fabulous gifts!!! You have to be happy with that bounty! =) Thanks for welcoming us home - still coming down to earth! =)

Monkee Maker said...

Happy belated birthday!

I love the sunshine peaking from behind your cloud :)

Felicia said...

Happy late Birthday! What lovely birthday treats :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your birthday! Happy birthday!!! Lovely gifts too. Gosh, I really need to learn how to felt too. You are making my to do list way to long!

Missed your blog. I've got some good stories for you though!

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh, sorry to be late, but Hapde Burfday! (Must add your blog to my bloglines now, having a hard time catching up, lol.)